Return to Headlines

Enrollment for 2021-2022 Now Open!

We look forward to welcoming your child(ren) and you to Baxter Elementary, home of the Baxter Bears!

Registration for the 2021-2022 school year begins on Monday, February 8, 2021.  Students entering Kindergarten for the 2021-2022 school year must turn 5 on or before September 1, 2021. Registration is completed online through our BUSD Aeries Online Registration system which allows you to quickly start the process of enrolling your student(s) for school. Information about the student such as emergency contacts, medical and language information will be collected. You can also upload scans or photos of the documentation needed.

Upon completion, the student's information is electronically sent to the school but is not complete until the school site has reviewed the data and received the appropriate required documents.

The online process should take approximately 20 minutes to complete and requires a valid email address. You can logout and resume if the process takes longer than expected, if you resume please log back in and continue, DO NOT attempt to set up another account.


Click here to get started enrolling a new student and then select the “Enroll a New Student” button. 


Click here for step by step student enrollment instructions.


General Student Registration Information

Birth Certificate - Student must be 5 years old by September 1st of the current year.  If you are not a parent, documentation from the court must be provided and submitted to the Bellflower District Office - Child, Welfare & Attendance Office.  A Caregiver's Affidavit Google Form will need to be completed. Visit the Child Welfare and Attendance page or call 562-866-9011, ext. 7410 for appointments and information.

Elementary Health History/Medications - If your student needs to take medicine during school hours, parent/guardian must have an authorization form that is completed by the child's physician.  The form is available in the online registration portal or you can download here.  All medications must come in the pharmacy-labeled box with the physician's medical authorization.

California Immunization Record - All students must show proof of all required immunizations before entering school.

Physical form for School Entry - Mandatory for transitional/jumpstart kindergarten, kindergarten, and first grade.  Physicals must be dated on or after March 1 of the current year.  Physician's office must be stamped on the physical form with address and phone number indicated. Please have your child’s doctor complete this form.

Kindergarten or 1st grade Oral Health Assessment - Mandatory for transitional/jumpstart kindergarten, kindergarten or first grade (if new to public school in 1st grade).  Oral health evaluations that occurred within the 12 months prior to school entry meet this requirement. Click here to download the Oral Health Assessment form.

Home Language Survey - If your child's native language is not English, he/she will be required to take a language test.  Please call the Language Assessment Center for appointments at 562-804-7633.  The Language Assessment Center is located at 9301 Flower Street, Bellflower, CA  90706.

Proof of Residency - Two current utility bills in the parent's/guardian's name with the current address:  gas, electric, or water.  Telephone bills, cellular bills, cable bills, and disconnection notices are not acceptable.  Also needed is a valid Driver's License or California ID with the current address.  If your license or ID does not have a current address, a change of address must be done at the Department of Motor Vehicles (brown cards are not acceptable).  If the utility bills are not in the parent's/guardian's name, a Statement of Residence form must be filled out.  The following are requirements to complete the Statement of Residence:

Parent/Guardian must provide the following:

  • Two pieces of official mail received at the stated address (insurance bills, AFDC or other state documents, bank statements, automobile registration forms, mail forwarded by the Post Office, etc.).  Personal mail, telephone bills, or cellular bills are not acceptable.
  • Valid California Driver's License or California ID with the stated address.

Owner/Renter must provide the following:

  • Two current utility bills in the owner's/renter's name (gas, electric, or water only - no telephone, cable, cellular bills or disconnection notices).
  • Valid California Driver's License or California ID.

At this time, the Statement of Residence is being completed via a Google Form with the Child Welfare and Attendance Office. You can scan or take a photo of the needed documentation and upload directly to the Google Form. This form is renewed yearly or upon request. Three or more home visits may be made at the discretion of the school to verify residence of the above family. If you do not have the referenced documents or have questions/concerns, please contact the Bellflower Unified School District - Child Welfare & Attendance Office at 562-866-9011, ext 7410.

Students cannot be enrolled in school until online enrollment is complete and the required documents have been submitted to the school site office.


School of Choice

Applications for School of Choice (SOC) will be available and accepted online only via the District's website beginning Monday, February 8, 2021.  SOC applications will be accepted until 4:00 P.M. on Friday, February 19, 2021.

The School of Choice application process is for students currently residing within the attendance boundaries of the Bellflower Unified School District. Those residing outside of the BUSD attendance boundaries must apply for an Inter-district permit.

Other Important Information

  • Transportation is not provided for any student approved for SOC.
  • You need to submit an online application for SOC if your child is currently in Transitional Kindergarten, Jump Start or if your child will be entering Kindergarten and you want your child to attend a school that is not their school of residence. The schools that are eligible for SOC are listed above.
  • There is no need to reapply if your child is currently on a SOC authorization and you wish to remain at the same school. If you want to change schools then an application is required.
  • School of Choice results of the selection process will be emailed no later than Friday, March 12, 2021.

For further questions or concerns regarding SOC, please contact the Business Services office at (562) 866-9011 ext. 2134


Transitional Kindergarten Enrollment

TK is available at Ernie Pyle, Stephen Foster, and Washington. Availability at sites is subject to change based on enrollment. This is the first year of a two year Kindergarten program. Student turning five years old between September 2, 2021 and December 2, 2021 are eligible for the Transitional Kindergarten program.

Applications will be accepted online beginning February 8, 2021. 

To apply for the Transitional Kindergarten Program:

  • Complete an online Transitional Kindergarten registration application. Use the links below (they will be available beginning at 8:00 A.M. on February 8, 2021) to access the BUSD Transitional Kindergarten application.
  • If enrollment exceeds capacity, students will be selected through a lottery process.  The program is currently being offered at Ernie Pyle, Stephen Foster, Washington and Las Flores Educational Center.  These sites are subject to change based on student enrollment.
  • Notifications to parents will be sent via email by June 1, 2021. Should your child be placed in the Transitional Kindergarten Program, you will receive instructions on how to complete your online registration.
  • The Bellflower Unified School District accepts Inter-District Permits for Transitional Kindergarten pending availability.  Click here for more information on permits and how to apply for them.