- Mayfair High School
Principal's Update 12/16/2020 - NM Grades instead of F grades
Dear Parents of Mayfair Middle/High School Students:
We will be issuing “NM” instead of “F” grades on the 1st semester (Fall 2020) report card.
Here are some of the reasons we have made this change and what a "NM" means as a grade.
- “NM” Takes into consideration the struggles the students are facing during distance learning.
- “NM” is used to indicate no credit earned. (This is also done during Summer school).
- “NM” does not negatively affect GPA.
- For High School students, the “NM” means a student still needs to make up the class through credit recovery classes or Summer School (“NM” is not the same as everyone passing).
- For High School students, the “NM” will affect participation in graduation
- For Middle School and High School, the “NM” will affect participation in Sports and extracurricular activities.
- For Middle School and High School students, the “NM” will affect their entry into advanced classes and honors classes.
- For Middle School students, the “NM” will affect participation in our promotion ceremony.
- When calculating GPAs for honor roll a “NM” will have the same value as an F
If you have any questions or concerns about the "NM" please contact our office at 562-925-9981 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. A counselor will answer your questions.
We have our School Site Council (SSC) meeting held on Thursday, December 17th, from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. We will be discussing our School Safety Plan and other topics. We invite all to join us at this Google Meet Link: https://meet.google.com/hbk-rdbx-rsn
You can also join us on Youtbue Live at https://youtu.be/0M6Ap3k2PWE
Here is a link to the SSC Agenda: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ypT_DnKUGP5_tUPsyj7soXf1DD8VJm51HtN24_oO3Tk/edit?usp=sharing
Here is a link to the SSC Minutes for 11/19/2020: https://docs.google.com/document/d/131EzMHDUgqwaozpRhBLXm389N8BIPijlSKJoEd-W72c/edit?usp=sharing
Here is a link to our draft School Site Safety Plan https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gsEs67sreKNWMwOnHnenQgB93i5UMBAU/view?usp=sharing
Principal of Mayfair Middle/High School