School Meals Information
Bellflower Unified School District 2022-2023 School Lunch Program
Bellflower Unified School District will participate in the California Universal Meals Program and will implement the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP). This means that all K-12 BUSD students will receive one Breakfast and one Lunch during the school day at NO CHARGE. Second meals will be available for purchase at our school sites. Preschool sites will receive a Breakfast and Lunch at no charge, and our Afterschool Programs will receive Supper at no charge. We will continue to serve meals to our children through uncertain times. The goal of the Food and Nutrition Services Department is to offer appealing, nutritious foods, and encourage children to make healthy choices when eating at the school cafeteria.
Since meals are no charge, we will not be sending meal applications to families. However, the District will need to establish eligibilities for student supplemental funds through alternative means – HOUSEHOLD INCOME SURVEY (found in your Data Confirmation). Please help our school district receive the maximum funds by submitting the Form before September 30, 2022.
The submission of a HOUSEHOLD INCOME SURVEY could also give you eligibility for the Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT) program. P-EBT is a program that provides a cash-like benefit to purchase groceries for students to replace meals they would have normally received when in-person at school during the pandemic.
- For P-EBT: Complete the HOUSEHOLD INCOME SURVEY in BUSD Data Confirmation. Click here for more information on P-EBT.
- Our menus will be sent through the school sites.
- All K-12 students will be served breakfast and lunch at no charge, regardless of income.
- Independent Study Meals: At this time, pick up meals will no longer be served. Nutrition Services will send an update if Independent Study meals will resume. Students transitioning from the Independent Study Virtual Model to on-site, will be provided one breakfast and one lunch meal at no charge.
- For our students and staff’s safety, we will not have a la carte transactions at the Middle/High Schools to minimize or avoid cross contamination. This will also reduce service time and allows more time for students to eat.
- For Elementary sites, Breakfast meals are available 30 minutes before school starts at the cafeteria. For Middle/High Schools, Breakfast will be served during the designated snack time at each school site. Lunch will be served at the designated lunch time of each Elementary and Middle/High School site.
Breakfast: NO CHARGE Lunch: NO CHARGE
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.