• General Information

    Registration for the 2019-2020 school year begins on February 19, 2019 and continues through June 19, 2019.  School Offices will re-open on or about August 8, 2019., and they will be able to assist you with any additional support you may need to complete the online registration process.  Registration hours are 9:00 A.M. - 3:00 P.M. daily. To register, please visit your school of residence office. 

    Online Registration

    We look forward to welcoming your child(ren) and you to BUSD. We build futures!!  Our Online Registration is now open for new students registering in K-12th grades,  and it is the first step for students who have never enrolled and/or attended any of the schools within the district.  

    BUSD Aeries Online Registration allows you to quickly start the process of enrolling your student(s) for school. Information about the student such as emergency contacts, medical and language information will be collected. Upon completion, the student's information is electronically sent to the school but is not complete until the school site has reviewed the data and received the appropriate required documents.

    The online process should take approximately 20 minutes to complete and requires a valid email address. You can logout and resume if the process takes longer than expected, if you resume please log back in and continue, DO NOT attempt to set up another account.

    Click here to get started enrolling a new student and then select the “Enroll a New Student” button. 

    Enrollment is not complete until you submit the Online Registration Confirmation page and all required documents to the school office.

    School of Choice

    Open February 19, 2019 through March 4, 2019

    The District supports the rights of parents and guardians to participate in a process to select a District school for their child other than their school of residence, based on space and/or program availability.  

    The School of Choice Process

    • Applications for School of Choice (SOC) will be available and accepted at all elementary school sites from Tuesday, February 19, 2019 through Monday, March 4, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. No applications will be accepted after 4:00 p.m. on Monday, March 4, 2019.
    • NO e-mails or faxes will be accepted.
    • SOC selections shall be made through a non-biased random selection process of those applications that are determined to be timely, complete and appropriate.
    • The following schools are anticipated to have space available: Stephen Foster, Thomas Jefferson, Esther Lindstrom, Ernie Pyle, Ramona, Washington, Craig Williams, and Frank E. Woodruff Elementary Schools.
    • The results of the selection process will be mailed out no later than April 5, 2019.

    Other Important Information

    • Transportation is not provided for any student approved for SOC.
    • You need to submit an application for SOC if your child is currently in Transitional Kindergarten and you want your child to attend a school that is not their school of residence.
    • You need to submit an application for SOC if you have a child that will be entering Kindergarten and you want them to attend a school other than their school of residence.
    • There is no need to reapply if your child is currently on a SOC authorization and you wish to remain at the same school.  If you want to change schools, then an application is required.

    For further questions or concerns regarding SOC, please contact the Business Services office at (562) 866-9011 ext. 2134.


    The Bellflower Unified School District accepts both Intra and Inter-District Permits.  Click here for more information on permits and how to apply for them. 


    The Bellflower Unified School District provides a variety of programs for incoming Kindergarten students.  The various programs provide options for parents to enroll their children in a program that best meets their needs.  Kindergarten enrollment begins on Tuesday, February 19, 2019.

    Kindergarten is available at all BUSD schools.

    For students turning 5 on or before September 1, 2019, registration takes place at the residence school.  To identify your residence school, select the School Address List option on the left.  For more information on Kindergarten enrollment, select any of the links below.

    Kindergarten Enrollment - English

    Kindergarten Enrollment - Spanish

    Additonal Kindergarten Forms

    Transitional Kindergarten 

    Available at Stephen Foster, Washington, Ernie Pyle, and Esther Lindstrom.  These sites are subject to change based on student enrollment.

    The first year of a two year Kindergarten program.  To be eligible, your child must turn (5) five years old beween September 2, 2019 and December 2, 2019.  You must fill out the registration form, provide proof of residence, proof of student's date of birth, and immunization records.  If enrollment exceeds capacity, students will be selected through a lottery process.  Transportation will not be provided for students attending Transitional Kindergarten.  For more information, contact the Office of Business Services at 562-866-9011, ext. 2134.

    Jump Start Kindergarten

    Jump Start Kindergarten provides students a semester of opportunities to develop fundamental skills in language arts and mathematics that will lay the foundation for Kindergarten and future academic success.  For students turning 5 between December 3, 2019 through February 3, 2020.  Enrollment for this program will take place November 4, 2019 - November 15, 2019.

    For more information, contact the office of Business Services at 562-866-9011 ext. 2134.

    Kindergarten Dual Immersion Enrollment Information for 2019-2020

    Applications will be accepted at any BUSD school
    February 19 - March 4, 2019.

    Dual Immersion Program Kindergarten Enrollment is NOT first come, first serve and will be based on a random selection process. There is no need for parents to try to be at the “front of the line” or submit their application first.

    To apply for the the Dual Immersion Program:

    1. Complete a BUSD registration packet and submit in person at any BUSD school. The registration packet may be printed from the BUSD website.
    2. Complete a Dual Immersion Program Application and submit in person at any BUSD school. The application can be printed from the BUSD website or obtained from any BUSD school office.
    3. Attend one of the parent information meetings. The meeting dates are provided below:

    February 19, 2019       8:30-9:30  AM    ILC or Washington

    February 20, 2019       1:15-2:15 PM      ILC

    February 20, 2019       1:30-2:30  PM     Washington

    February 28, 2019       6:00-7:00 PM     ILC or Washington

    March 1, 2019              8:30-9:30 AM      ILC

    March 1, 2019              8:45-9:45 AM      Washington

    ILC Address:

    4718 E. Michelson St. Lakewood, CA 90712

    Washington Address:

    9725 E. Jefferson St.  Bellflower, CA 90706

    Bellflower Unified School District (BUSD) offers a Dual Immersion Program at the Intensive Learning Center and Washington Elementary.

    The BUSD Dual Immersion Program is grounded in research and designed by experienced and knowledgeable staff for students to develop bilingual/biliterate skills in English and Spanish while attaining grade level standards as well as 21st century skills.  Through continuous reflection, refinement, and collaboration with the dual language community, the program strives to meet the goals of bilingualism, biliteracy, and cross-cultural competencies.

    Applications for kindergarten enrollment in the 2019-2020 Dual Immersion Program will be available and accepted February 19, 2019 through March 4, 2019 by 4:00 PM at all Bellflower Unified School District schools. Students turning 5 on or before September 1, 2019 are eligible to apply.

    Students will be selected to participate in the Dual Immersion Program through an impartial, random selection process of those applications that are timely, complete and appropriate. Placement priority will be given to students currently enrolled in BUSD’s Preschool Dual Immersion Program.  Students residing within the Bellflower Unified School District will be accommodated prior to students residing outside of the District.

    Results of the random selection process will be mailed out no later than April 5, 2019.  After April 5, 2019, if Dual Immersion Program enrollment slots remain open, additional applications for the program will be accepted. The District will notify parents that enrollment has been re-opened through Blackboard call-outs, flyer distribution and posting on the website.

    Please note that in addition to the BUSD registration packet, parents desiring to apply for their child to enroll in the Dual Immersion Program must attend a Dual Immersion program information meeting and complete a Dual Immersion application.

    BUSD Registration Packet - Please select the appropriate link to the left for the BUSD registration packet in English or Spanish.

    Dual Immersion Registration Packet - Click here for the Dual Immersion Application Packet. 

    For additional information regarding Bellflower Unified School District’s Dual Immersion Program, please contact Educational Services at 562-866-9011 Ext. 2300. Program information is also available on the BUSD website.  Click here to view the Dual Immersion Progam's information on the web.

    Home Education Independent Study Academy

    Available at Las Flores Educational Center

    This program offers families the option to partially or fully home school their children in grades TK-12.  For further information, please contact the Home Education Independent Study Academy at 562-804-6565.

    Registration Documents

    Student Registration documents can be accessed in the menu on the left in both English and Spanish.  Documents are specially formatted so that information can be entered directly onto the forms before printing. Once your registration form is complete and printed, it can be taken to your school of residence. To identify your residence school, select the D.O.R. option to the left.  

    General Student Registration Information

    Birth Certificate - Student must be 5 years old by September 1st of the current year.  If you are not a parent, documentation from the court must be provided and taken to the Bellflower District Office - Child, Welfare & Attendance Office.  A Caregiver's Affidavit Form will need to be completed.  Call 562-866-9011, ext. 2070 for appointments and information.

    Elementary Health History/Medications - If your student needs to take medicine during school hours, parent/guardian must have an authorization form that is completed by the child's physician.  The form is available in the office.  All medications must come in the pharmacy-labeled box with the physician's medical authorization.

    California Immunization Record - All students must show proof of all required immunizations before entering school.

    Physical form for School Entry - Mandatory for transitional/jumpstart kindergarten, kindergarten, and first gade.  Physicals must be dated on or after March 1 of the currrent year.  Physician's office must be stamped on the physical form with address and phone number indicated.

    Kindgergarten or 1st grade Oral Health Assessment - Mandatory for transitional/jumpstart kindergarten, kindergarten or first grade (if new to public school in 1st grade).  Oral health evaluations that occurred within the 12 months prior to school entry meet this requirement.

    Home Language Survey - If your child's native language is not English, he/she will be required to take a language test.  Please call the Language Assessment Center for appointments at 562-804-7633.  The Language Assessment Center is located at 9301 Flower Street, Bellflower, CA  90706

    Proof of Residency - Two current utility bills in the parent's/guardian's name with the current address:  gas, electric, or water.  Telephone bills, cellular bills, cable bills, and disconnection notices are not acceptable.  Also needed is a valid Driver's License or California ID with the current address.  If your license or ID does not have a current address, a change of address must be done at the department of Motor Vehicles (brown cards are not acceptable).  If the utility bills are not in the parent's/guardian's name, a Statement of Residence form must be filled out.  The following are requirements to complete the Statement of Residence:

    Parent/Guardian must bring in the following:

    • Two pieces of official mail received at the stated address (insurance bills, AFDC or other state documents, bank statements, automobile registration forms, mail forwarded by the Post Office, etc.).  Personal mail, telephone bills, or cellular bills are not acceptable
    • Valid California Driver's License or California ID with the stated address.

    Owner/Renter must bring in the following:

    • Two current utility bills in the owner's/renter's name (gas, electric, or water only - no telephone, cable, cellular bills or disconnection notices).
    • Valid California Driver's License or California ID with the stated address.

    Both the parent/guardian and the owner/renter must appear in person, present the required original documents for photocopying, and sign the Statement of Residence form in the presence of office personnel at the school office.  This form is renewed yearly or upon request.  Three or more home visits may be made at the discretion of the school to verify residence of the above family.  If you do not have the referenced documents or have questions/concerns, please contact the Bellflower Unified School District - Child Welfare & Attendance Office at 562-866-9011, ext 2070.

    Students cannot be enrolled in school until packets are complete.

    Telephone Directory

    *Southern California Edison Company 800-684-8123

    ** The Gas Company 800-427-2200

    Acrobat reader is required to access the documents on this page.  If you have not already done so, you can download the free Acrobat reader here.  Alternatively, you can stop by the school in your area and pick-up the necessary documents at the school office.  Some browsers do not allow PDF documents to be filled out online.  If that is the case, download the documents to your PC and then open them.

    Acceptable Internet Use Agreement

    The Acceptable Internet Use Agreement outlines the fact that student use of the district network is a privilege. As such, users of our network are obligated to meet expectations for appropriate use.  The document outlines acceptable and prohibited use of the network, network etiquette, security, and vandalism.  Students and parents should review the attached document carefully and will be required to submit signatures in the appropriate section of the registration packet prior to a student gaining access to the network.

    Annual Notifications

    Annual Notifications are a mandated document that inform families of important rules and procedures that influence the day to day business of the education program. An example of some of the information included in this document are guidelines on attendance, authorization for medication, and pupil records. They are provided in the menu to the left in both English and Spanish.