Welcome to the Bellflower Unified School District. Our District serves a diverse student population of approximately 11,000 students in preschool - Adult. The District is geographically located in an 8 square mile area of southeast Los Angeles County that includes three cities, most of Bellflower, a large portion of Lakewood, and a small portion of Cerritos.
The District is comprised of 10 K-6 grade elementary schools, two 7-12 grade secondary schools, 1 continuation school and our K-12 home education/independent study program. Our district has been designated a Gold Ribbon School District. Several of our schools received Gold Ribbon Schools recognition, three have been honored as National Blue Ribbon Schools, two are Title I Achievement Schools, and our continuation school has received the model continuation school designation for six consecutive cycles. Esther Lindstrom Elementary, Intensive Learning Center, Las Flores Home Education Independent Study Academy, Mayfair High, and Stephen Foster Elementary have all been recognized as an Educational Results Partnership Honor Roll schools, ERPHR schools are high-performing, achievement gap-closing schools. Most recently Foster elementary was named a California Distinguished School for closing the Achievement Gap.
BUSD has many career pathways for students offering a multi course sequence in all of the pathways including:
- Information & Communication Technologies - Software & Systems Development
- Manufacturing & Product Development - Graphic Production Technologies
- Building & Construction Trades - Cabinetry, Millwork and Woodworking
- Health Science & Medical Technology - Patient Care
- Engineering & Architecture - Engineering Design
- Hospitality Tourism & Recreation - Food Services & Hospitality
- Transportation; Systems Diagnostics, Service and repair
- Arts, Media and Entertainment: Production & Managerial Art
- Business and Finance - International Business, and Financial Services
“We build futures”, for students by working to meet the needs of students and ensure that all students have the support needed to achieve and grow and graduate with options for the future of their choosing. We are fortunate to have dedicated teachers, classified staff, and administrators that work tirelessly to meet student needs and make BUSD a great place to be.
It is an honor to serve as the President of the BUSD Board of Education. As a BUSD community member, I am proud of what we have achieved so far and know that BUSD will continue to raise the bar for student opportunities and achievement. On behalf of the Board of Education, we look forward to continuing to work with our community to ensure that all students are able to build the future of their dreams.