Middle School Guidance and Counseling
Welcome to the Bellflower Middle School Guidance and Counseling Page! Our middle school counselors work hard as members of the administration team to create a caring and supportive environment where all students can have a positive school experiences and achieve success. Our primary focus at the middle school level is to promote academic achievement and enhance the learning process by helping empower students with self-knowledge, positive interpersonal skills, and teaching coping strategies for the social/emotional issues that arise on a daily basis.
Students are welcomed and encouraged to come speak with their counselor for information and help concerning personal and school issues, friendships, academics, and even college and career planning.
The middle school guidance counselors provide services in the following ways:
- Classroom guidance presentations
- Small group counseling
- Individual counseling
- Assistance in crisis situations
- Act as a consultant and referral source between school, parents, and community
- Conducts orientation for new families to the school
- Scheduling and program adjustments
- Assistance with specific problems including attendance, behavior, academics, or conflict resolution
Parents and guardians, we suggest that you contact your child’s school counselor if:
- You feel your child may be having difficulty with a school or personal issue.
- You have questions/concerns about your child’s academic performance.
- You need assistance finding an outside agency for issues that may arise.
- You have questions about high school and post-secondary planning.
Ms. Bliss, Middle School Counselor
Ms. Lopez, Middle School Counselor