Skip To Main Content

Logo Image

Logo Title

Developer Fee

Government Code section 65995 and California Education Code section 17620 allows school District to levy fees on residential or commercial/industrial construction projects within a school District boundaries. The State Allocation Board (SAB) sets the per-square-foot Level I school impact fees (a.k.a. “developer fees”) every two years at its January meeting in even number years (i.e., 2010, 2012). Alternative School Fees (a.k.a. Level II or Level III fees) may also be collected by District meeting certain requirements.

Notice to Public 

Developer Fees

All new housing and remodeling projects are approved by the City of Bellflower Planning and Building Department. The City of Bellflower  will issue a construction permit when all fees are paid by the developer, included in these fees are developer impact fees collected by the Bellflower Unified School District.

When and Where are fees paid?

Fees are paid at the School District Business Services Department - Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., located at 16703 Clark Ave. Bellflower, CA 90706 Building B. Please bring the Certificate of Compliance that is part of the PDF document above  with the city officials verification.  The District will then complete the form once the payment is made. 


The District will accept payment with a cashier’s check, certificated check, money order, cash or credit card (a 3% fee will be added for payments made with a credit card).  All checks are made payable to Bellflower Unified School District.