• General Information

    Registration for the school year is open.  Please contact Child Welfare and Attendance (CWA) office at (562) 866-9011 ext. 7410 to assist you with any additional support you may need to complete the online registration process. 

    Students entering Kindergarten for the 2023-2024 school year must turn 5 on or before September 1, 2023.  Registration for the 2023-2024 school year will open at 8:00 A.M. on Monday, February 6, 2023.

    Students entering Kindergarten for the 2024-2025 school year must turn 5 on or before September 1, 2024.  Registration for the 2024-2025 school year will open at 8:00 A.M. on Tuesday, February 6, 2024.

    Click Here to begin enrolling for the 2023-2024 / 2024-2025 school year 

    Online Registration

    We look forward to welcoming your child(ren) and you to BUSD. We build futures!  Our Online Registration for the 2024-2025 school year is open for new students registering in K-12th grades, and it is the first step for students who have never enrolled and/or attended any of the schools within the district.  

    BUSD Aeries Online Registration allows you to quickly start the process of enrolling your student(s) for school. Information about the student such as emergency contacts, medical and language information will be collected. Upon completion, the student's information is electronically sent to the school but is not complete until the school site has reviewed the data and received the appropriate required documents.

    The online process should take approximately 20 minutes to complete and requires a valid email address. You can logout and resume if the process takes longer than expected. If you resume please log back in and continue. Do NOT attempt to set up another account.

    Click here to get started enrolling a new student and then select the “Enroll a New Student” button. 

    Enrollment is not complete until you submit the Online Registration Confirmation page and all required documents to the school office.

    General Student Registration Information

    Birth Certificate - Student must be 5 years old by September 1st of the current year.  If you are not the parent, documentation from the court must be provided and taken to the Bellflower District Office - Child, Welfare & Attendance Office.  A Caregiver's Affidavit Form will need to be completed.  Call 562-866-9011 ext. 7410 for appointments and information.

    Elementary Health History/Medications - If your student needs to take medicine during school hours, parent/guardian must have an authorization form that is completed by the child's physician.  The form is available in the school's office.  All medications must come in the pharmacy-labeled box with the physician's medical authorization.

    California Immunization Record - All students must show proof of all required immunizations before entering school.

    Physical form for School Entry - Mandatory for transitional/jumpstart kindergarten, kindergarten, and first grade.  Physicals must be dated on or after February 1 of the currrent year.  Physician's office must be stamped on the physical form with address and phone number indicated.

    Kindergarten or 1st grade Oral Health Assessment - Mandatory for transitional/jumpstart kindergarten, kindergarten or first grade (if new to public school in 1st grade).  Oral health evaluations that occurred within the 12 months prior to school entry meet this requirement.

    Home Language Survey - If your child's native language is not English, the child will be required to take a language test.  Please call the Language Assessment Center for appointments at 562-804-7633.  The Language Assessment Center is located at 9301 Flower Street, Bellflower, CA  90706.

    Proof of Residency - Two current utility bills in the parent's/guardian's name with the current address:  gas, electric, or water.  Telephone bills, cellular bills, cable bills, and disconnection notices are not acceptable.  Also needed is a valid Driver's License or California ID with the current address.  If your license or ID does not have a current address, a change of address must be done at the Department of Motor Vehicles (brown cards are not acceptable).  If the utility bills are not in the parent's/guardian's name, a Statement of Residence form must be filled out.  The following are requirements to complete the Statement of Residence:

    Parent/Guardian must bring in the following:

    • Two pieces of official mail received at the stated address (insurance bills, AFDC or other state documents, bank statements, automobile registration forms, mail forwarded by the Post Office, etc.).  Personal mail, telephone bills, or cellular bills are not acceptable.
    • Valid California Driver's License or California ID with the stated address.

    Owner/Renter must bring in the following:

    • Two current utility bills in the owner's/renter's name (gas, electric, or water only - no telephone, cable, cellular bills or disconnection notices).
    • Valid California Driver's License or California ID with the stated address.

    Both the parent/guardian and the owner/renter must complete the online Statement of Residence Form, upload the required original documents for photocopying, and electronically sign the Statement of Residence form.  This form is renewed annually or upon request.  Three or more home visits may be made at the discretion of the school to verify residence of the above family.  If you do not have the referenced documents or have questions/concerns, please contact the Bellflower Unified School District - Child Welfare & Attendance Office at 562-866-9011 ext 7410 or email cwa@busd.k12.ca.us

    Students cannot be enrolled in school until online enrollment is complete and the required documents have been submitted to the school site office.

    *Southern California Edison Company 800-684-8123

    ** The Gas Company 800-427-2200

    Annual Notifications

    Annual Notifications are a mandated document that inform families of important rules and procedures that influence the day to day business of the education program. An example of some of the information included in this document are guidelines on attendance, authorization for medication, and pupil records. They are provided in the menu to the left in both English and Spanish. 


    Acrobat reader is required to access the documents on this page.  If you have not already done so, you can download the free Acrobat reader here.  Alternatively, you can stop by the school in your area and pick-up the necessary documents at the school office.  Some browsers do not allow PDF documents to be filled out online.  If that is the case, download the documents to your PC and then open them.