Bellflower Unified School District Prevention and Intervention
Community Mental Health and Crisis Resources
SUICIDE AND CRISIS RESOURCES
CRISIS TEXT LINE
- Services: Free 24/7 support for all ages in crisis. Text anywhere in the USA to text with a trained crisis counselor.
- Text “HOME” to 741741
- Click here to visit the Crisis Text Line website.
- Text “CONNECT” to 741741 (depression hotline)
- Services: Suicide prevention app.
- Click here to visit the My3 website.
NATIONAL SUICIDE PREVENTION LIFELINE
- Services: Available 24/7. Calls are free and confidential. Callers can call for themselves or someone they care about.
- (800) 273-8255 (online chat available)
- Click here to visit the Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services website.
BUSD PARENT UNIVERSITY
- Services: Free classes to parents on topics of academic success, health and wellness, and social/emotional awareness.
- (562) 866-9011 ext. 2092
CERRITOS COLLEGE FOSTER & KINSHIP CARE
- Services: Provide free parenting classes and workshops for foster parents, relative caregivers, guardians, and foster teens on a variety of topics.
- (562) 860-2451 ext. 2548
- Click here to to visit the Cerritos College Foster and Kinship Care website.
EXCHANGE CLUB FAMILY SUPPORT CENTER
- Services: Parenting classes are provided at a low cost.
- (562) 904-9590
- Click here to visit the Exchange Club Family Support Center website.
ANGEL STEP TOO
- Services: Supportive housing program for women and children disrupted by domestic violence and maternal substance abuse. Treatment program.
- (562) 461-9272
- Click here to visit the Souothern California Alcohol and Drug Programs, Inc.
CASA YOUTH SHELTER
- Services: 24/7 emergency temporary home providing a safe haven for runaway, homeless, abandoned or abused youth. Ages 12 through 17.
- (800) 914-2272
- Click here to visit the Casa Youth Shelter website.
- Services: Temporary residential treatment center for women. The groups consist of: drug and alcohol awareness, domestic violence, anger management, self esteem, step studies, parenting, and recovery discussion groups.
- (562) 925-2777
- Click here to visit the Little House website.
SU CASA ENDING DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
- Services: Emergency shelter, transitional shelter, group counseling, and case management. Including assistance with household establishment and job skill training.
- 24-hour hotline - (562) 402-4888
- Click here to visit the Su Casa Ending Domestic Violence website.
HOTLINES AND ONLINE RESOURCES
CALIFORNIA YOUTH CRISIS LINE
CHILD PROTECTION HOTLINE
- Services: Available 24/7 to report possible child abuse and/or neglect to the Los Angeles County Dept. of Children and Family Services (DFCS).
- (800) 540-4000
- Click here to visit the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services website.
- Services: Available 6:00-10:00 pm daily. This is a toll-free confidential helpline for teenage callers.
- (800) TLC-TEEN (852-8336)
- (310) 855-HOPE(4673)
- Website: offers online chat, email help, message boards, resources, and information. Click here to visit the Teen Line website.
- Text “TEEN” to 839863 between 5:30-9:30 pm to text with peer counselors.
INTENSIVE MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES
ACCESS CENTER HELPLINE, PSYCHIATRIC MOBILE RESPONSE TEAM, AND LAW ENFORCEMENT TEAMS
- Services: Available 24/7. Facilitates referrals to the Psychiatric Mobile Response Team (if indicated), crisis intervention resources, and/or appropriate mental health providers. Access danger to self, others and/or grave disability due to a mental illness.
- (800) 854-7771 or 911
LOS ANGELES COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF MENTAL HEALTH
URGENT CARE CENTERS
- Services: Available 24/7. Ages 12 – Adult.
- Medi-Cal or no insurance. 24 hour psychiatric crisis centers provide crisis stabilization for comprehensive mental health services. Children under 12 must have an open DCFS case and are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Los Angeles: (310) 253-9494
- Services: Helpline for individual or families experiencing issues related to sexual orientation and/or gender identity.
- (888) 735-2488
- Click here to visit the PFLAG website.
- Services: Primarily for transgender people experiencing a crisis including suicide and self-harm. Includes a hotline for transgender individuals to speak with trans peers about their feelings and concerns. Including individuals who are unsure if they are transgender.
- (877) 565-8860
- Click here to visit the Trans Lifeline website.
- Services: Crisis and suicide intervention through chat and text.
- (866) 488-7386
- Click here to visit The Trevor Project website.
SUBSTANCE ABUSE RESOURCES
- Services: Substance abuse treatment programs for ages 12 through 18.
- (562) 906-2676
- Click here to visit the L.A. Cada website.
Shields for Families
- Services: Substance abuse treatments for 12 to 18 youth. Medi-Cal accepted.
- (323) 242-5000
- Click here to visit the Shields for Families website.
Substance Abuse Treatment Referals
- Services: View map of outpatient and residential treatment programs for youth.
- Click here to visit the Substance Use Service & Bed Availability Tool website.
Asian Pacific Counseling and Treatment Centers
- Services: School based and outpatient mental health services, counseling, psychiatric medication for children and adolescent. Medi-Cal only. Sliding scale may be available to qualified clients.
- (562) 860-8838
- Click here to visit the Asian Pacific Counseling and Treatment Centers website.
Childnet Youth and Family Services
- Services: School based and outpatient mental health services for children ages 0-18 and wraparound services. Medi-Cal only.
- (562) 490-7600
- Click here to visit the Childnet Youth and Family Services website.
Low-cost Community Counseling Center
- Services: Outpatient low cost counseling services for children and adults. Fees are based on a sliding fee scale depending on family size and income. No Medi-Cal accepted.
- (562) 903-7777
Community Family Guidance Center
- Services: Comprehensive range of mental health services for children, adolescents, and families including school based and outpatient services. Medi-Cal accepted and low cost cash payment for services
- (562) 924-5526
- Click here to visit the Community Family Guidance Center website.
Helpline Youth Counseling, Inc.
- Services: School based and outpatient individual and group counseling. Provides youth services, child abuse reduction effort, and comprehensive drug/alcohol treatment programs for adolescents. Medi-Cal only.
- (562) 864-3722
- Click here to visit the Helpline Youth Counseling Website.
- Services: School based and outpatient mental health services and adoption. Services offered included educational material, onsite tutors, and computer access. Medi-Cal and most health insurance plans accepted.
- (562) 866-8956
- Click here to visit the Olive Crest website.
Pathways Community Services
- Services: School based and outpatient mental health services, including grief support groups, therapeutic behavioral services, family counseling, and full service partnership. Medi-Cal and most health insurance plans accepted.
- (562) 865-3644
- Click here to visit the Pathways website.
Star View Community Cervices
- Services: School based and outpatient mental health services, therapeutic behavioral services, and wraparound services. Medi-Cal and most health insurance plans accepted.
- (562) 427-6818
- Click here to visit the Stars Behavioral Health Group website.
The Guidance Center
- Services: School based and outpatient counseling, parent education, psychological testing, psychiatric mediation and evaluation, and crisis intervention. Medi-Cal and most health insurance plans accepted.
- (562) 485-3085
- Click here to visit The Guidance Center website.
Bellflower Unified School Distrct
16703 S. Clark Avenue
Bellflower, CA 90706