• Permits

    All Permit Applications are Available Online!


    The Inter-District Permit Application for the 2021-2022 school year will be accepted starting February 8, 2021. Priority is not on a first come, first served basis. All permits are submitted to the Bellflower Unified School District (BUSD) Child Welfare and Attendance Office.  We are not currently accepting Intra-District Permits until further notice.   This decision will be re-evaluated after a final decision has been made for students to return to on-campus learning.  

    Intra-District Permit Application (BUSD Residents Only)

    The Intra-District Permit Application window will open Marth 17, 2021.

    The Intra-District Permit application is for students:

    1. Who reside within BUSD attendance boundaries and desire to attend a BUSD school other than their school of residence. 
    2. Students who currently attend a BUSD school and desire to attend a different BUSD School. 

    Follow these steps to complete an Intra-District Permit application: 

    1. Ensure your student is currently enrolled in a BUSD school. 
    2. Complete the Intra-District Permit Application

    If NEW to our the District and requesting an Intra-District permit, your student MUST BE REGISTERED IN THEIR HOMESCHOOL.

    INCOMING Inter-District Permit Application (Non-BUSD Residents)

    This transfer application is for students:

    1. Students who reside outside of BUSD boundaries. 

    Follow the steps to complete an Inter-District Permit application: 

    1. Obtain an approved transfer release from your current district of residence
    2. Provide a copy of the students:
      1. Current grades/transcripts
      2. Behavior/discipline report (If no record exists, please submit the blank document)
      3. Attendance record
    3. Complete the Incoming Inter-District Permit Application and Agreement.

    Please be aware filling out this form does not guarantee enrollment.  The Child Welfare and Attendance department will contact you regarding the next steps.

    Additional Information: 

    Obtaining a permit from the school district in which you reside does not mandate acceptance by the Bellflower Unified School District. Your student’s permit must be accepted and approved by BUSD for admittance. Permit approval, denial and revocation is based on space and availability, the student’s academic progress, attendance, and behavior. If a permit is accepted, students are expected to maintain satisfactory attendance, effort, academic achievement, and behavior.  Priority is given to students who reside in a school’s attendance area.  Students on approved Inter-District Permit are guaranteed space in the District.

    Site administrators review all Inter-District and Intra-District permits periodically, but not less than, annually.

    BUSD does not rescind existing transfer permits for pupils after June 30 following the completion of grade 10, or for pupils in grade 11 or 12 in the subsequent school year.

    Parents/Guardians will be notified by the Child Welfare and Attendance office of the district’s decision to approve or deny permit acceptance. Within 30 calendar days of request for an Inter-District Permit, the Superintendent or designee shall notify the parents/guardians of a student who is denied Inter-District Permit attendance regarding the process for appeal to BUSD and the Los Angeles County Board of Education.

    All information pertaining to the permit appeal process can be located at the Child Welfare and Attendance Office. The parent/guardian has 30 days from the signed permit to appeal a permit decision. During the appeal process, students who are currently enrolled may be provisionally admitted for a period not to exceed two school months while the appeal process is taking place.


    Inter-District Permit Application (BUSD Residents Leaving the District)

    This transfer application is for students:

    1. Who reside within BUSD attendance boundaries and desire to attend another school district. 

    Follow the steps to complete an Inter-District Permit application: 

    1. Complete the Inter-District Application.
    2. Ensure all attachments are included. 

    If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Child Welfare and Attendance office located at 6024 Clark Avenue, Lakewood, 90712, by phone at (562) 866-9011 ext. 7410, or by emailing cwa@busd.k12.ca.us