Bellflower Unified School District School of Choice 2023-2024
School of Choice applications for the 2023-2024 school year are now closed.
School of Choice results of the selection process will be emailed no later than Friday, March 13, 2023.
The District supports the rights of parents and guardians to participate in a process to select a District school for their child, other than their school of residence, based on space and/or program availability.
The School of Choice Process
Applications for School of Choice (SOC) will be available and accepted online via the District's website beginning 8:00 A.M. Monday, February 6, 2023. through Tuesday, February 21, 2023 at 4:00 P.M.
The School of Choice application process is for students currently residing within the attendance boundaries of the Bellflower Unified School District. Those residing outside of the BUSD attendance boundaries must apply for an Inter-district permit.
- An Online Application is required for EACH student applying for a School of Choice.
- SOC selections shall be made through a non-biased random selection process of those applications that are determined to be timely, complete and appropriate.
- The following schools are anticipated to have space available: Thomas Jefferson, Ernie Pyle, Ramona, Washington, Craig Williams, and Frank E. Woodruff Elementary Schools.
- For information on schools, please visit the District Website.
Other Important Information
- Transportation is not provided for any student approved for SOC.
- You need to submit an online application for SOC if your child is currently in Transitional Kindergarten, Jump Start or if your child will be entering Kindergarten and you want your child to attend a school that is not their school of residence. The schools that are eligible for SOC are listed above.
- There is no need to reapply if your child is currently on a SOC authorization and you wish to remain at the same school. If you want to change schools then an application is required.
- School of Choice results of the selection process will be emailed no later than Friday, March 22, 2022.
For further questions or concerns regarding SOC, please contact the Business Services office at (562) 866-9011 ext. 2134.