School Meals Information
Bellflower Unified School District 2021-2022 School Lunch Program
Bellflower Unified School District will continue to participate in the Seamless Summer Option (SSO) of the National School Lunch & Breakfast Program that serves meals at NO CHARGE to all students. We have not stopped serving meals to our children since the onset of the pandemic. The goal of the Food and Nutrition Services Department is to offer appealing, nutritious foods, and encourage children to make healthy choices when eating at the school cafeteria.
Since meals are no charge, we will not be sending meal applications to families. However, the District will need to establish eligibilities for student supplemental funds through alternative means – HOUSEHOLD INCOME SURVEY (found in your Data Confirmation). Please help our school district receive the maximum funds by submitting the Form before September 30, 2021.
The submission of a HOUSEHOLD INCOME SURVEY could also give you eligibility for the Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT) program. P-EBT is a program that provides a cash-like benefit to purchase groceries for students to replace meals they would have normally received when in-person at school during the pandemic.
- For P-EBT: Complete the HOUSEHOLD INCOME SURVEY in BUSD Data Confirmation. Click here for more information on P-EBT.
- Our menus will be sent through the school sites.
- All K-12 students will be served breakfast and lunch at no charge, regardless of income. Preschool students will be served snacks at no charge. Weekend meals will not be provided during the school year.
- Independent Study Students will receive 5 days of breakfast and lunch. Families can pick up meals at the following times: 7:30-8:30am, 11:30-12:30pm, or 5-7pm. We are located at 10247 Alondra Blvd. in Bellflower, CA. If families are unable to pick up during one of the designated times, they are to call us ASAP. If a holiday falls on the Monday, we will provide families with meals on the following day that school is open. Meals will only be provided for the student days. Meals will not be provided for holidays or for weekends.
- Students transitioning from the Independent Study Virtual Model to on-site, will be provided breakfast and lunch meals at no charge.
- For our students and staff’s safety, we will not have a la carte transactions at the Middle/High Schools to minimize or avoid cross contamination of any viruses. This will also reduce service time and allows more time for students to eat. Breakfast meals are available 30 minutes before school starts at the cafeteria. Lunch will be served at the designated lunch time of each school site.
Breakfast: NO CHARGE Lunch: NO CHARGE
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.